First things first IIS 8.5 comes standard with Windows Server 2012 R2. IIS 8.5 has a lot of cool features that were not available in previous versions of IIS. For example the latest version of IIS has a feature called Dynamic Site Activation. Dynamic Site Activation is perfect for companies that have a lot of web sites. Dynamic Site Activation delivers faster Web start times along with reduced memory consumption, IIS 8.5 also features W3C Logging Service. With W3C logging administrators can get detailed information on each access request.
Now lets get started setting up IIS. Below you will find simple instructions on how to get up and running in no time flat.
2) Click on Role-based or featured-based installation
3) Select the server name from the server pool in which you want to install IIS.
4) Check the box titled Web Server (IIS).
5) Add features window will appear as it appears below. Click on Add Features.
7) On Web Server Role (IIS) read information and click Next.