Microsoft SQL Server 2012
SQL Server will help customers unlock exciting new insights with pervasive data discovery across mounds of structured, unstructured and cloud data sources backed by Managed Self-Service BI, credible consistent data and large-scale data warehousing and analytics solutions. With globalization and an exploding number of mission-critical applications, maximum uptime and data availability are paramount to success. SQL Server helps protect an organization’s infrastructure by getting the needed nines at the right price.
Rapid data discovery with Power View and PowerPivot
Plow through mounds of data for deeper insights with rapid data exploration and visualization.
- Discover and share insight across all levels of the organization with Power View that offers highly interactive web-based drag-and-drop data querying and visualizations for insights at the speed of thought.
- Plow through mounds of data in a familiar way at lightning-fast speeds in Excel with the award winning PowerPivot add-in, including new advanced analytic capabilities.
- Inspire data discovery innovation across end-users with data mash-up capabilities including connectivity to cloud-based data in Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket or via third-party providers with Odata.
Managed Self-Service Business Intelligence
Enable accessible intelligence across the organization through Managed Self-Service BI, IT dashboards, and SharePoint collaboration.
- Provide a complete view for reports & dashboards across heterogeneous data sources with the BI Sematic Model that can scale from small personal BI solutions to the largest organizational BI needs.
- Balance the need to monitor, manage, and govern the data and analytics end users create with IT dashboards and controls that help IT monitor end user activity, data source usage, and gather performance metrics from servers.
- Make information-based decisions part of everyday life with SharePoint integration for insights collaboration and customizable alerts that keep users apprised of relevant changes to data.
- Extend rich user insights to even more people with SQL Azure Reporting that removes the need for deploying and maintaining a reporting infrastructure.
- Deploy more than just breathtaking end user analytics tools, SQL Server continues to deliver end-to-end BI through easy to set up and manage traditional OLAP and reporting cubes.
Microsoft SQL Server Denali delivers significant enhancements to well-known, critical capabilities like high availability and disaster recovery. These enhancements promise to assist organizations in achieving the highest mission-critical confidence to date.
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Feature Pack
The Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Feature Pack is a collection of stand-alone packages which provide additional value for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012. It includes the latest versions of:
- Tool and components for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012.
- Add-on providers for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012.
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools
SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) is an integrated toolset that allows database developers and DBAs to develop, debug and deploy SQL Server and SQL Azure databases. SSDT supports Azure and versions of SQL Server 2005 and later, including SQL Server 2012. SSDT provides a rich database development experience with first class T-SQL language services and Visual Studio integration, as well as declarative, model-based tools that can be used for both online and offline development. SSDT will install within an existing Visual Studio installation or will install a stand-alone shell.